11 All-Natural Home and Beauty Products
Ensuring that the products you use on your body and in your home are 100% natural is not just good for your health, the environment and the animals that commercial products are tested on, but also your pocket! We've rounded up 11 of our favorite vegan home and beauty concoctions so your skin, hair, teeth and living environments are free of any worrisome ingredients that you've never heard of before. Let Mother Nature do what she does best!
- It only takes a peek into your kitchen cupboard to find all you need for a body scrub that'll leave your skin revitilased and glowing!
- Bath bombs are the epitome of self-indulgence. Sweet smelling and with pretty colours, like we really need an extra excuse to run a bath at the end of a long day - but store-bought bath bombs can be filled with all kinds of toxic ingredients that you definitely do not want to be soaking in!
- The skin is largest organ you have so why put things on your body that you wouldn't put in your body? Most store-bought face masks and moisturizers have ingredients you can't even pronounce let alone eat which is exactly why more people are turning to their own kitchen cupboards for their beauty needs. This turmeric and lemon face uses the superpowers of turmeric (which will calm acne and inflammation and reduce scarring), lemon (which will brighten and even out your skin tones) and oats (which will have an exfoliating effect) .
- Just like your skin benefits most from Mother Nature's beauty products, so do the locks on your head! There's a lot of complicated hair masks out there with ingredient lists that sound like someone's about to make a cake. But if you're looking to keep it simple, you can't go wrong with coconut oil. Comb a handful of coconut oil through dry hair, allow to sit for at least 20 minutes (but keep it on as long as you can - even overnight) then wash as usual.
- This simple toothpaste is an all natural way to prevent cavities, freshen breathe and doesn't contain the controversial ingredients that commercial toothpaste does (e.g. fluoride)
- This floral bath soak uses essential oils and Himalayan salt to ease sore muscles and let you zen out after a long day. Treat yourself!
- Indulge yourself with a white chocolate and orange body butter that yes, is vegan and no, you can't eat!
- A scouring scrub that will totally clean your sinks and is made with just three ingredients? Impossible you say? Think again.
- There’s a very long list of harsh ingredients found in everyday disinfecting products that are doing us more harm than good. Check the labels and if you see ingredients that you can’t pronounce such as common culprits like diethanolamine (DEA), triethanolamine (TEA), butyl cellosolve, and diethylene glycol, then avoid them! On top of that scary stuff, fragrance chemicals and ammonia are top triggers for asthma and migraines. Not to mention all of these toxic ingredients find their way down the drain inevitably harming the environment! So check out this all-natural multi-purpose cleaner.
- DIY Homemade Laundry detergent
- Deodorant (suitable for sensitive skin)
Never miss a post from VeggieBuzz!
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest VeggieBuzz content delivered right to your inbox.