Go Nuts with These Vegan Peanut Recipes
Peanuts are one of the most versatile ingredients on the planet. They taste amazing by themselves, as a sauce, in dessert, in an entree, as a butter- you name it, and it's delicious. What's even better is that they are really nutritious, despite being high in calories. They provide potassium, poly and mono-unsaturated fats, protein, magnesium, and dietary fibre.
One of the few things that is more beloved than peanuts themselves is peanut butter! Here, we'll give you the recipe to our favourite homemade batch!
Homemade Peanut Butter
Free from all of the preservatives and unpronounceable ingredients found in most store-bought varieties, this homemade peanut butter will change your life.
- Unsalted Shelled Peanuts (as much as can fit in your food processor or blender)
- Coconut or vegetable oil
- Maple Syrup
- Roast the peanuts! This step is absolutely essential. However, it can be skipped if the peanuts were roasted when you bought them
- Pour the peanuts into a food processor or a powerful blender.
- Blend/process the peanuts. Initially, it seems like the only result is ground peanuts. However, you need to keep on blending until a butter forms, which may take a few minutes. Be patient, it will happen!
- Add the oil, salt, and maple syrup to taste. More oil creates a creamier texture.
- Voila! You're done!
After making your own peanut butter, you'll be dying to put it on or in everything you own- oatmeal, brownies, sandwiches, apples, celery sticks- or, make the delicious peanut recipes we've listed below.
- Quick 'n Easy No-Bake Protein Bars
Image & Recipe: Oh She Glows
- Reeses Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
Image & Recipe: Chocolate Covered Katie
- Soft and Tender Peanut Butter Cookies
Image & Recipe: Blissful Basil
- Peanut Butter Squares
Image & Recipe: Lorraine Pascale
- Thai Vegan Peanut Sauce- a staple in any vegan kitchen!
Image & Recipe: The Spruce
- Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Image & Recipe: Delish
- African Peanut Stew with Quinoa
Image & Recipe: Teaspoon of Spice
- Spicy Vegan Peanut Butter Tofu with Sriracha
Image & Recipe: Kalyn's Kitchen
- Pad Thai Wraps (recipe offers easy vegan substitutions)
Image & Recipe: Our Four Forks
All of these peanut recipes will get you feeling like the little baby down below ;)Sumati Menda
Never miss a post from VeggieBuzz!
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest VeggieBuzz content delivered right to your inbox.