Veganuary: How To Go Plant-Based This January
Veganuary was actually launched back in 2014 but after the massive vegan movement of last year, you'll probably be hearing more about it in 2017 than ever before. The UK-based movement is great resource for anyone considering veganism as their New Year's Resolution. Move over Dry January, the plant-based pledge is here to stay.
Whether you make the change because you love animals, you're worried about climate change, you want to feel healthier or you just really like to challenge yourself - you won't regret adopting a vegan diet this month. Here are a few ways to embrace Veganuary!
- Eat out at a local vegan restaurant
Unsure of where to even start with vegan eating? See what the professionals are serving up. Check out your local vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants here and make an evening out of it.
- Attend a Veganuary eventYou may be surprised at how many there actually are in your city! In Dubai, Be Supernatural Kitchen are throwing a Veganuary event this coming Saturday at 1pm.
- Check out our vegan meal plan for some inspiration!Because we're so good to you, we came up with a 'vegan on a budget meal plan'. It's 5 nutritionally balanced days worth of food all for under 200dhs including a shopping list and recipes.
- Embrace the creativity
Going plant-based requires a bit more creativity in the kitchen a you basically have to relearn everything you thought you knew about cooking. But the good news is you're in for a wealth of discoveries. From discovering the creamy potential of cashew nuts to realizing you can turn a head of cauliflower into a massive buffalo wing to serve in a sandwich with vegan ranch (picture above, recipe here) - you won't even have time to miss the animal products.
- Host a vegan dinner party
Have your friends over one evening and serve up an entirely vegan spread. Accompany fresh bread, crudités and chips with moreish dips like roasted garlic, pumpkin and carrot hummus and spicy black bean hummus and serve up some vegan mac and cheese. Or how about vegan tacos or vegan not-so-sushi? And of course, finish it off with some amazing vegan desserts.
- Share what you're doing on social media
Post it, like it, tweet it, share it, reblog it and use social media to spread the word! #Veggiebuzzing.
- Visit your local farmer's market
Forgo the supermarkets this month, we're going back to basics with a visit to our local farmer's markets. You'll probably be surprised at not only the selection but the difference in quality you'll be able to taste!
Never miss a post from VeggieBuzz!
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest VeggieBuzz content delivered right to your inbox.