10 Reasons To Have Dessert For Dinner
Remember when you were a kid and your mum wouldn't let you eat dessert until you'd finished all the vegetables on your plate? Well just look at you now, making your dessert out of vegetables and winning at life! Here are 10 legitimate reasons to have dessert for dinner tonight... and every night, really.
- Carrots are a rich source of beta-carotene which is converted into vitamin A in the body and helps to maintain healthy skin.
- Black beans are known for their high protein and fiber content as well as being a good source of copper, manganese, vitamin B1, phosphorus, protein, magnesium and iron.
- Pumpkin may provide a reduced risk in developing inflammatory diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sweet potatoes really are one of the healthiest foods in the world! Amongst a host of health benefits,they're a good source of manganese which helps the body metabolize carbohydrates, maintain healthy blood sugar levels and stabilize appetite.
- Avocados are loaded with fiber, contain more potassium than a banana and are one of the best sources of heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Zucchini is high in vitamin C which means it helps to guard against asthma and common colds and in calcium which helps to strength teeth and bones.
- Beetroot has naturally occurring nitrates which are converted into nitric oxide in your body which helps to relax and dilate your blood vessels to improve blood flow and lowering blood pressure.
- White beans are rich in antioxidants, which are known to have anticancer properties.
- Cauliflower is low in calories and is a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium and manganese.
- We already outlined the health benefits of eating avocado... but these chocolate and avocado popsicles are a reason all on their own!
Never miss a post from VeggieBuzz!
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest VeggieBuzz content delivered right to your inbox.