Savory Mushroom & Spinach Steel Cut Oats | Steel Cut Oat "Risotto"
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 3 gloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cups of white button mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 cup of fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
- pomegranate molasses (1 tbsp)
- 4 cups water
- paprika (1tsp)
- steel cut oats (1 cup)
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the onion and lightly fry until translucent.
- Stir in the mushrooms. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 mins.
- Next, add the oats and stir around a bit.
- Add the water, bring to a boil and cover. Continue cooking on low for 25 mins, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the spinach and continue cooking on low for an additional 5 mins.
- Lastly, add the salt, pepper and pomegranate molasses for an additional burst of flavor.
- Get your glass of wine and enjoy it with this protein packed healthy one bowl meal or snack!