Vegan Cran-Oreo Cupcakes - Yes Oreos Are Vegan!
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 12
For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 6 finely chopped Oreo cookies
- Cranberry sauce (see recipe here)
For the frosting:
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Oreos, crushed (or ground in a food processor)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 175 C.
- Grease two cupcake tins.
- Combine the almond milk and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside to curdle.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add butter and vanilla extract to the almond milk mixture and combine.
- Add the almond mixture to the flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour batter into prepared tins and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Hollow out the centers of the cupcakes (you can use an apple corer).
- Spoon cranberry sauce into each cupcake.
- For the frosting, combine 1 cup powdered sugar with vanilla extract and butter until fluffy.
- Mix in the remaining sugar.
- Fold about 2/3 of the crushed cookies into the mixture.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag.
- Applying even pressure, pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreos on top.
- Serve and enjoy!