Cherry Cranberry Sauce, And No Turkey In Sight
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 12
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cherries
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 5 -6 prunes
- Heat a large pan on medium. Add all the ingredients one by one.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Some of the cranberries will have burst open. Roughly smash the remaining berries with a spatula or potato masher.
- Remove from heat, set aside to cool, and then transfer to an airtight container.
- For best results, allow the sauce to infuse overnight. It can be refrigerated for up to 10 days or frozen for up to a month.
- Enjoy as a spread or topping with your favorite festive dishes!