A mouthwatering Muhammara recipe | Lebanese Cuisine
- Serves: 4
- 90g Cashew Nuts
- 90g Bread Crumbs
- 2.5 tbsp Red Chilli Paste (Hareesa)
- 1/3 cup of Pomegranate Molasses
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 75g Peeled Walnuts
- 2 full tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (approx. 175 Celsius)
- Roast the Cashew nuts for about 10 minutes on a baking sheet, stirring them around half way through
- Blend all ingredients (cashew nuts, walnuts, bread crumbs, chilli paste, cumin powder, salt) in a food processor and mix well, while consistently pouring in the Pomegranate Molasses.
- If it appears too think, add some crushed ice.
- Add the Olive Oil last, checking the textured of the paste, and add more if needed.
- Serve in a mezze Bowl, like in the picture and garnish with walnuts, olive oil and fresh mint leaves