Tofu, Aubergine and Shiitake Mushroom Claypot in Chilli Black Bean Sauce
- 200g Silken Tofu - cut into 8-10 pieces (approx. half a packet)
- 1 tbsp Black Bean Sauce*
- 1 tsp Hot Bean Sauce*
- 1 medium Aubergine - cut into approx. 6 pieces
- A handful of Shiitake mushrooms
- 1-2 Shallots, finely chopped (20g)
- 1 Red chilli, finely chopped (20g)
- 2 thumbs of Ginger, finely chopped (10g)
- 150ml Vegetable Stock
- Corn Oil for cooking
- Spring onion for garnish, finely chopped
- Deep fry the tofu and aubergine for just under a minute (approx 45-60 seconds) until the tofu turns golden brown in colour.
- Heat a wok with some oil in it and fry the shallots, chill and ginger on high heat for about 15 seconds, until the ingredients become aromatic.
- Add the blackbean sauce and hot bean sauce to the wok and stir together for 10 seconds.
- Add the vegetable stock to the wok and then add the shiitake mushrooms and stir again.
- Add the aubergine and tofu to the wok and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens to the desired consistency (use potato or corn starch if required).
- Serve hot in a clay pot or bowl.
- Garnish with spring onion.